Thursday, April 1, 2010

Yoga and Hammocks: The Challenges of Living Abroad





Today was REALLY ROUGH. I woke up around seven thirty and meandered around the house for a while. I'd fallen asleep in my clothes from the night before (not from a wild night, but rather because I couldn't make it through watching a pirated copy of The Proposal), so I quickly changed into my swim suit. Meaghan, Marjorie and I made the executive decision around nine to go to yoga at the Yoga House. We'd gone the morning before to the Nosara Yoga Institute for yoga on the top of a hill with hummingbirds and monkeys (no joke amazing), and we were excited to try out an alternate yoga experience. After vetoing the advanced classes, we settled on Yoga for Surfers and Athletes. Mostly to pick up guys. The walk to the class was about 40 minutes, so we had a good deal of time prior to the start of the class at 12:30. What is one to do at 11 with no plans? Get ice cream. We went back to the place we'd eaten lunch at the day before and snacked on ice cream with the local birds and random dogs. I have been eating Cas flavored sorbet for two straight days and it's legit. It tastes a little like mango+lime+pineapple. But different and more refreshing. Anyways I had it in a cone and it is unbelievable. Unlike yesterday, I was able to finish all of my snack before birds with funky hair attacked. That was nice.



After snacks, we shopped for a bit. I am looking for really Costa Rican stuff, so I'm a little turned off by the overwhelming amount of American goods. I found some SWEET pink parrot earrings that I could see on either Becky or April. Gaudy as sin, but both of you could get away with them. I might go back and buy them tomorrow... they were a solid 5 dollars.


Finally we headed to yoga. I looooved it. Our instructor was a beast of a woman and flexible as anything, but we had a great time. After our class we peaced back to the beach. It was a nice walk back in the sun! The tide was coming in full force though, so I was almost swept out to sea at some points of the walk.


Oh right, forgot an important part! I bought a bracelet! It's a woven teal bracelet with a little turtle carved in wood. It's adorable. I LOVE it. I'm wearing it right now.


I took a solid nap for a few hours in the hammock, and then we did dinner. Kristi made portabello mushrooms and spinach and pasta and grilled pieces of cheese (don't ask, it's crack) and now we're getting ready to go out. Angela's babysitter for Ella is about our age, and a bunch of her friends are in town. I'm thinking we need to go meet them! I'll let you know how that goes!

1 comment:

  1. ahh was the cheese haloumi??? its so yummy! not sure if that is how you spell it though...

    ReplyDelete