Friday, April 2, 2010

"I'm in love with you." "Erm, I don't think that's what you're trying to say in English."


AWESOME. NIGHT.

Okay so we went out with Katie (Kah-tee, the same way people say my name here), Angela's babysitter, and her friends that are all about 21. They were having a bonfire on the beach, so really, we just found St. Mary's of Costa Rica. Except not, because the stars were out of this world and we were on the Pacific Ocean. But other than that, it was the same. They were mixing drinks on the beach with music and a massive fire that added to the already 90 degree weather. We were pretty shy at first, but tried to use as much horrific Spanish as possible. They totally accepted us! We joked around, and before too long, broke into dance to everything from salsa to Lady Gaga. One of the guys taught me some salsa... which was awesome until he disclosed he was my little sister's age. Whomp whomp. Anyways so we took a ton of pictures, check it out on facebook! When I looked through my pictures after they were taken with some of our new amigos, I accidentally clicked forward to the pictures of the snowstorm. They thought the storm was wild! They took turns flipping through my pictures of Jevi and co. in the snow. They were cracking up looking at us!

Around eleven, we were pooped. We had a walk of a little less than a kilometer to get back to Angela's, and then we passed out. Seriously, we are lame here, but it's just SO HOT. I was up in the loft, and it was around 90 degrees. However, when you are tired, you are tired. I was out.

My new friends are supposed to friend me on facebook. Get exciteddd! Sadly they are students that don't live around here, so I don't think I'll run into them today. As it's Good Friday, we're going to mass at 6 pm in the town of Nosara. I'm pretty interested to see what that entails!




Side Note: It's really neat how easily we all keep in touch over all parts of the globe. I've chatted with Jeva in Africa and Bailer in New Zealand every single day. It's great! What did people do before gchat and facebook...?

Side Note II: The title of this post refers to what one of the guys said to me as we were talking. I think his English was just rough, or he wants a green card. Either way, I clarified I was not in love with him.

1 comment:

  1. I got that a lot in Europe. He absolutely knew what he was saying. Oh and "I have a boyfriend/fiance/hsuband" doesn't work either... Haha

    ReplyDelete